Recent Posts

Friday, January 5, 2018

I STOPPED EATING MEAT, AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED





SO, everyone has their reasons for their food choices. I don't know a lot about vegetarianism and I would probably politely excuse myself if the conversation came up at a party. All I know is my experience, so this is what I'm sharing.

About 6 months ago, my son and I watched a movie called Okja. You can check it out, it's on Netflix. Just be prepared! I wasn't, and neither was my son. As a viewer, I like to know as little about a movie as possible before I see it. The experience just feels more organic to me and often more enjoyable. In this case, I did not expect to fall in love with a genetically modified super pig. I don't want to ruin the movie in case you watch, but they captured what I had successfully avoided my whole adult life. The truth about how animals are treated before they hit our plates.

Long story short, I stopped eating meat that day. I still eat cheese, but I see that coming to a stop soon.

This is what happened.

1. My skin is looking amazing.

2. I binged on carbs for the first 3 months and put on a few lbs. I've gotten that under control (somewhat). I LOVE BREAD!! (Oprah voice).

3. My digestive system is like clockwork now, hasn't been for years.

4. We save money as a family because I am the main chef in the house so my son and husband rarely eat meat now.

5. I still eat fish, so I am mastering the art of making sushi.

6. I eat more beans and broccoli soooo...I digress.

7. And finally, I'm learning about vegetables that I would never have before. I love cooking and it's interesting plating food and making it pretty without meat involved.

Anyway, that's what it's been like so far. I can still prepare meat, but the rule is we have to know where it came from and that's not always affordable or available.

I hope this helps you if you are on the fence or if you thought I stopped because of some highly advanced reason.  Nope! Purely an emotional reaction to a great movie.


Cheers beauties,
Nikki

Pin It