Recent Posts

Monday, January 29, 2018

NO CHECKED BAGGAGE


Hi beautiful people! I'm feeling grateful this morning as I write this entry. My lovely brother planned a surprise weekend get away for a few friends, including one of my sisters and one of my nieces. He took care of everything and it was just magical.  

As soon as I found out, I decided that I wanted to pack light. FOR REAL this time. I jumped onto Pinterest and started updating a  curated collection of 'travel looks' and 'how to pack' articles. After I felt a little more confident, I started to pull some basics.

A warm sweater/sweatshirt, because no matter where you travel, you end up cold at one point.
A scarf for the plane that will keep you warm, act as a protective mask when 15 out of 45 passengers start coughing, and also become a cute head wrap when your hair becomes unmanageable.
Comfortable sweats and tights that will keep you cozy on the plane and, let's face it, double as pjs. 
A pair of your favorite jeans, because, jeans.
A satin bomber that can go from day to night.

Then I started to layer in some tops that are lightweight and could be worn with everything. A tank, a mesh blouse, a lightweight sweatshirt and a lightweight message T.

Finally, the accessories. 
A pair of pumps, sneakers and boots. 
A cozy pair of socks.
A cute medium size purse that can go from day to evening. 
I went through my makeup bag, pulled only the items I use and transferred them into a smaller zipped pouch along with a few pins, elastics, and any medication I may need.

All of it fit into a small Herschel backpack!! I will never go back to packing the old way. There were so many options and I was comfortable all weekend. 

Check out a few looks below, I hope this helps you if you struggle with over/under packing.

 THE PLANE
 THE BEACH
 DINNER
BRUNCH
 SHOPPING
 HAPPY HOUR
 MOVIE NIGHT
 GUILT FREE TIP FOR SAVING SPACE. ROLL ITEMS AND PLACE IN BOOTS AND SHOES!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nikki


Pin It