Recent Posts

Thursday, February 1, 2018

HOW TO BE A RESOURCEFUL QUEEN

Hello beautiful people. I am sharing the best piece of advice I've gotten thus far on my journey as a creative. START WHERE YOU ARE. Nothing will ever be perfect. The universe provides as many resources as it does excuses. 

Here a few examples:

YOUR EXCUSE: I can't write today because I'm stuck and can't come up with a good topic. 
YOUR SOLUTION: Surprise! That's your topic. You can call your piece "I can't write today because I'm stuck". YOU'RE WELCOME

YOUR EXCUSE: I want to have a gallery show, but I don't have a gallery space.
YOUR SOLUTION: Invite your guests. Push all your furniture into your bedroom,  strip your walls of personal photos, move your dining table into the center of the room, buy a case of 2 buck Chuck (that's Charles Shaw wine), set up your table with wine and price lists for your work and open your front door.

YOUR EXCUSE: I'm broke and I can't buy the things that I need to take my ________ to the next level.
YOUR SOLUTION: Use what you have. Most of us live with way more things than we need. Use those things!! There are so many ways to upcycle, and as long as we have Pinterest and You Tube, we have no excuses. Seriously, people are doing make up tutorials using the foam from their bra inserts.

There it is, your pep talk to push you out of your comfort zone. Now please enjoy these photos of me posing in my 2011 Old Navy swimsuit in front of a strangers boat, and on a strangers bike with some fake flowers I found in a strangers garage.
LIKE A BOSS.







Also, you're all invited to my next gallery show, just stay out the bedroom when you get here.

thanks for reading,
Nikki


Pin It