Recent Posts

Thursday, February 8, 2018

EASY GALLERY WALL IDEAS


My coworker recently curated a freshly painted gallery wall in her living room, and her pieces were so thoughtfully chosen. Each representing a time in her or her families lives. Of course it made me immediately go home and evaluate the choices I made for our gallery wall😐. Note to self: STOP COMPARING, IT WILL KILL YOU.

Anyhoo, I'm back at home and studying each item on our wall, and I love it. It has changed, grown, and evolved beautifully. Honestly, the idea of a gallery wall can be intimidating, but if you let it happen organically, it can be an impactful statement in any home. 

Ours started with just four photos of our loving parents on a 19' high space. But instead of trying to fill the negative, we just nestled in to the minimalist vibe. Also, when we moved into this loft apartment, seeing the faces of our parents everyday was what we needed to feel comfort and hope. Then I began to paint again and a couple of canvasses went up, then Max knocked out some cool art in elementary school and those pieces went up. Richard wrote me the most beautiful poem and that went up. Friends who are artists started to gift artwork and those went up.












You get the idea. It's a recurring theme with my life and I'm passing on the advice to you again. Start where you are. You literally could start with a favorite item of clothing or your child's first set of crayons! I'm sharing some images of our wall with you for inspiration. 

Have fun and thanks for reading,

Nikki



featured artists:
Boba fett: Reine 
Abstract Portrait of yours truly: Lynda 
Abstract ink art: Paper Ladder
Abstract Ruby: Max
California Feather Print: Yeah Right Press
Charger B&W Photo: Julian 
Pin It