Recent Posts

Thursday, April 26, 2018

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT?

So, my husband has been seeing a "life coach" (for lack of a better way to describe her talent) for 20 years. He adores her and has been trying to connect us for years. If you know me, you know about this weird thing that I do, that is when someone I love insists on me doing something, I resist. Even when I know it's in my best interest.  If I do end up doing whatever it is they want me to do, I have to do it on my own terms. In other words, I wait until I'm good and ready
and then begrudgingly do it.

Well, I was finally ready to see Barbara, the life coach.  Who really is more of a happiness wrangler than a life coach (ooh, happiness wrangler, that's good), and she asked all of us in the group to think about what we REALLY what we want in this life. This question has haunted me my entire life guys. I feel as though, for most people, the answer is and has always been clear. Not for me.  In my teens, I would just say "I don't know!" with the joyful ignorance of a girl who had the world in her hands.  In my 20's, when I had a damn near anxiety attack every time the question was asked, I came up with an answer that worked for me, and usually shut up whoever was asking.

Everyone ever: "What do you want in life"?
Me: "Happiness"

And for years, it worked. Until now.

I've been blogging for 10 years, when I'm not blogging, I'm painting, when I'm not painting, I'm sketching, when I'm not sketching, I'm taking photographs, when I'm not...you get it, I digress.

Here in L.A. I have fine tuned my gift of networking by going solo to a few blogger events.  I'm pretty good at getting to know what everyone else is all about, but there is zero confidence behind my story when the tables are turned. Then this morning, as I was getting ready for work, I listened to an interview with two of my favorite bloggers. They both have seen success with all aspects of their businesses and the number one piece of advice from them was to "stay true to yourself." And just like that, I finally realized what I want from my life. EVERYTHING. I want to inspire people to do whatever their heart desires, at ANY AGE.

At almost 49, I am inspiring both young and mature people to do what they want. I've always loved fashion and art and wanted to do anything that marries the two together. I just didn't think I could. I want you to know that I am out on the corner with my tri-pod on my 15 minute breaks taking (what I think are) pretty cool pics and meeting all types of people who are inspired by them in some way or the other.

I ALSO:

Repeatedly wear the same items in my closet, styled differently.

Don't own a double G gucci belt.

Share with my followers when I am uninspired, bloated, and or worried that I am going to embarrass my son with each post I make.

I say all of this to say this. We literally only get one shot. Yes y'all, this is where I'm at today, quoting Eminem. Do you not miss your chance to blow,  this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Here's the catch, I can't guarantee your going to make any money following your heart. That part I haven't mastered yet.  But hey,  I'm the best dang 48 year old model/artist/haiku poet on my block.



Thanks for reading,

Nikki Pin It