Recent Posts

Saturday, March 3, 2018

I GAINED 10 POUNDS

WELP, what had happened was...

 If you've been following my blog, you will know that I have been frustrated with the Health Care system here. I used my frustration as an excuse to...brace yourself...not see a doctor for 6 years. I'm so embarrassed and quite honestly ashamed that I set such a bad example for my son! Anyways, my bodies changes forced me to finally get my act together and seek professional help. My current boss referred me to her lovely doctor who set me up with all the post 45 year old tests. It was super glamorous, as you can imagine. One of the things discovered were massive fibroids on my uterus. Without going into too much of the sexy details, they are growths that show up and if they get big enough, they can wreak havoc on your midsection.

I had a choice to make. Either have them surgically removed, with the risk of them returning (with a vengeance) or, start taking birth control pills in hopes that they shrink and play nice. Guys, this was a somewhat serious adult female decision to make. Can you guess what my first question to the doctor was? My head is literally hanging down as I write this...I asked "If I start taking the pill again, will I gain weight?" She smiled and listed all the legitimate benefits that could come from it, and ended with "Yes, there is a chance of weight gain". To which I immediately responded "If you had to ballpark, what kinda gain are we talking about?"

I don't know what to tell you, after struggling to get to the point where I felt confident in my body, (which, btw, gets harder every 5 years you are on this earth) the thought of having to work harder to keep off the extra weight that nature isn't due to pack on me until I hit 55-ish was less than appealing. There are a couple of puns I can't ignore: It was weighing heavily on my mind. It was a jagged pill to swallow.

Long story long, I am back on the pill. The fibroids have shrunk and I have become the woman in the tampon commercial that can bike ride, swim, and do yoga all while wearing white pants during my almost laughably light 3 day monthly period. The problem is, I am not bike riding, swimming or doing yoga. I definitely see a consistent work out regimen in my near future, mostly because I am now the proud wife of a hot personal trainer. But for now, I have settled in to my new curvier body

 and have learned to love it. I do harbor some resentment in that I have to invest in a new bra because of it. I despise bra shopping.

Thanks for reading,

Nikki

Pin It